The Cubs signed Kevin Millar. Jesus to Jesus and eight hands around. The slow crawl deathmarch to the 2010 season continues. The Cubs haven't even played a game yet and I'm starting to feel ready for 2011. I guess Millar will compete with Chad Tracy for a backup role. Either that or body bag filler for Ted Lilly. Millar hit .223 with 7 homers for the Blue Jays last year. Christ, I didn't even know he was still playing last year.
It wasn't so long ago that I actually believed, naively mind you, that Jim Hendry actually had a plan of sorts. The past two seasons I think Jimbo pasted printouts from Baseball Reference on his office walls, put a blindfold on, and had Randy Bush spin him around a few times before he flung darts at random. If the darts landed on players who were still alive, Hendry offered them contracts.
By that methodology, how the hell did Hendry miss out on Byung-Hyun Kim? Surely he offered more than the Giants did for the unreliable relief pitcher.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- We're Closed!
- New Site Launch on Monday
- War Criminal: Pay-Per-View Porn
- Why Andre Dawson was a Badass
- Pitchers and Catchers Report Today
- TMS Shirts Final Closeout!
- The 2010 Chicago Cubs, Pay More for a Crappier Pro...
- The Final Dark Days of Thunder Matt's Saloon
- Hi Guys! I'm Still Alive!
- TMS Fantasy Baseball Player Rankings 2010
- Thunder Matt's Saloon: Best of Movies 2009
- Hi Guys!
- Cowboy Up!
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)