There's a saying that a bye week always seems to come around when your team needs it the most. For the Bears, I couldn't agree more. Week five might seem like it's early but don't forget that these guys have been hitting since the middle of August. With injuries starting to pile up, this could not have come at a better time. It looks like we'll be getting everyone back including Hester, Knox, Hillenmeyer, and Tinoisamoa.
Unfortunately we have to play Atlanta, who didn't seem to flinch in the face of a very good defense last week. They managed to put up 45 points against San Francisco, which infuriated coach Singeltary and undoubtably led to more locker room de-pantsings than the horrible wrath of the Cortesi brothers' illustrious campaign my sophomore year of high school. We have been able to put some pressure on the quarterback, but Matt Ryan is notoriously good at avoiding sacks, only giving up two so far this season. The Bears should be able to contain Burner Turner but after Roddy White posted 210 yards and two touchdowns last week, our secondary should be more concerned than my father on prom night. Wait, I meant A father on prom night........God Dammit....
And let's not forget last years little episode. I, along with about ten friends (including the best man), were "in the bathroom" watching the end of the game in a hotel bar during a wedding. The game was well in-hand after a late fourth quarter drive led by merkin chin to put the Bears up 20-19 with only ELEVEN SECONDS on the clock. Celebration! High fives and shots for everyone!
The Bears chose to pooch the ensuing kickoff (for some reason) and Atlanta brought the ball back to their 44 yard line. They then completed a 26-yard pass to let Elam kick the game winning FG with one second left. Sadness and shots for everyone.
Let's hope that Lovie has been showing that film to the guys for the past two weeks so they can remember how that feeling tasted.
Frankly, I think this is going to be a shootout. Here's hoping for a Bears victory and some vengeance.
White Chili prediction: Bears 35, Falcons 28
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Wolter's Random Braindump, Vol 40
- Concertgoing For Dummies: The Indie Scene
- Overrated/Underrated: Horror Movies
- Destined to Fail: Coach McGwire
- Hervé Villechaize Named New Cubs Hitting Coach
- Stuff White People Shouldn't Do
- You Make the Call: Kyle Orton
- This Week in Anger: Bears, Balloons & Belligerence...
- Bears Week 6 Preview: Falcons
- The War on Errorism
- The 1979 Files, Volume 3
- Why the Bears Should Go After Terrell Owens
- Blackhawks Are the Anti-Cubs As They Actually Pull...
- It Might Get Loud
- Should He Stay or Should He Go?
- TMS Booze Project: Rebel Yell
- Ha ha, Look at you!
- The Nut-Shot Heard 'Round the World
- "Wrigleyville" Bar Project: The Long Room
- Things You Think You Want to Happen In Life That W...
- This is Baseball
- Why We Need the Yankees in the World Series
- TMS Music: KISS - Sonic Boom
- What Did Slowhand Ever Do To You?
- TMS Ombudsman
- Monday Night Football Drunkblog: Favre's Revenge E...
- Koyie Hill Appreciation Society: 60 Hits, but a Wh...
- Thank You Interns
- In Defense of ...Yoko Ono
- Adventures in the Basic Cable Wasteland
- ▼ October (30)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)