Hey you. Yeah, jackass with the skinny jeans, unkempt beard and thrift store t-shirt. Yeah you, asshole. Riding your bike at night? Not cool. Riding without any sort of reflectors or lights? Well, all I can say is that you deserve whats coming to you, be it an accidental run in with a rogue car door or me purposely running you off the road into the storefront window of a record store that you probably work at part time.
Listen, I love a good bike ride, I really do. Get some fresh air, get the blood flowing, see the beautiful sights of Chicago. It's economical, it's good for your body and it helps clear the mind. But for the love of Lance Armstrong's one remaining testicle, just stop with the reckless night time bike riding. Given the fact that the majority of most roadways don't have dedicated bike lanes and the streets here are skinner than your emo-stunted cock make this practice even more absurd.
If you want to do some organized late ride, that's cool. But when I see you run a stop sign, hog the lane or flippantly dismiss the rules of the road, I can't help but want to see bodily harm come to you. At the very least, I'd like to go to your house, drink all of your PBR, switch all of your radio presets to HOT A/C, superglue the pages of your graphic novels and show your girlfriend how a real man makes love.
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings (no I'm not). You can always take solace in the fact that Death Cab for Cutie are still releasing albums and no one has touched your soy milk that's been sitting in the work fridge for a solid 6 weeks. Better hop on the ole' 12 speed and head over to Jewel at midnight to replace that shit and buy a pack of Lucky Strikes. Just know that I'll be in my car....watching....waiting...
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Congratulations White Chili, Death League 2009 Cha...
- Happy Turkey Day, from the Saloon!
- For Your Consideration: Blood Freak
- You Make the Call: Jay Cutler
- Target: Making My Life a Living Hell
- Person of Interest: Guy On a Bike at Night
- Trash I Saw On Lifetime: Cyber Seduction
- Brant's Rant
- Ha Ha, Look at You!
- Holy Christ, Please Trade for Granderson
- A Tale of Two Giant Assholes: Time Warner vs The N...
- Let's Make a (Bradley) Deal!
- War Hero: Tony Bennett
- Steven Tyler Quits Aerosmith?
- Happy Berlin Wall Day!
- The Iowa Hawkeyes Finally Lose
- The Team With Jerry Hairston Jr Won
- John Grabow......Why?
- The TMS Booze Project Guide to Hangover Prevention...
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)