Word on the Internets is that Steven Tyler has, for all intents and purposes, left the band Aerosmith. Lead guitarist Joe Perry has alluded to this in recent interviews, though he admits that it is not out of the ordinary for Tyler to go incommunicado for lengths of time.
If it is indeed true that Tyler has given up his post as the frontman for one of America's most iconic rock 'n' roll bands, Perry says they will seek a new lead singer and new direction. However, it would be a daunting task to replace the flamboyance and showmanship of Tyler. It likely could not be done, thus making it difficult to promote an Aerosmith tour at $75 per ticket. If he is replaced, the more likely scenario is a downshift in ambition, and a prominent place on the state fair circuit next summer.
In my more impressionable days, I held Aerosmith in incredibly high regard. They were my first exposure to good old-fashioned dirty rock music. Unfortunately, they've been largely irrelevant over the last decade. Such is life, especially when you've been going at it for nearly 40 years. Aerosmith has certainly overcome adversity in the past, but if Tyler is truly gone, the rest of the boys will be facing a steep uphill battle.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Congratulations White Chili, Death League 2009 Cha...
- Happy Turkey Day, from the Saloon!
- For Your Consideration: Blood Freak
- You Make the Call: Jay Cutler
- Target: Making My Life a Living Hell
- Person of Interest: Guy On a Bike at Night
- Trash I Saw On Lifetime: Cyber Seduction
- Brant's Rant
- Ha Ha, Look at You!
- Holy Christ, Please Trade for Granderson
- A Tale of Two Giant Assholes: Time Warner vs The N...
- Let's Make a (Bradley) Deal!
- War Hero: Tony Bennett
- Steven Tyler Quits Aerosmith?
- Happy Berlin Wall Day!
- The Iowa Hawkeyes Finally Lose
- The Team With Jerry Hairston Jr Won
- John Grabow......Why?
- The TMS Booze Project Guide to Hangover Prevention...
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)