It's hard for me to say this but...
I thought for sure you would fail miserably, and after a month you'd be relegated back to AAA and out of our lives forever. However that has hardly been the case. I blame the long line of Cubs players showing promise that inevitably let me down. There are too many to name but specifically when it came to you I could only think of Micah Hoffpauir. The parallels were all there. Roughly the same age when he had a breakout year in AAA, he emerged with the big league club and was given a shot, only to fall flat on his face.
Granted there's a lot of baseball to be played yet, but you've already shown me that you sir are not the next Micah Hoffpauir. I just wanted to clear the air and say I'm rooting for you. So are we cool? Cool.
Mr. Samardzija. You're still not off the hook yet however.
FUN FACT: In 47 games with Chicago, LaHair now has 10 home runs. That's just two shy of Micah Hoffpauir's 12 in 162 games as a Cub.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Cubs of Yore: David Patton
- Dear Mr. LaHair, Apology Rescinded!
- Cubs of Yore: Milton Bradley
- I Tried To Erase An Imaginary Curse by Walking Wit...
- Regression Song: Chicago Cubs
- War Hero: Kerry Wood
- Cubs of Yore: Jose Macias
- Renaming Wrigley
- Bullpen Stumbles, Pierre Fumbles
- Laugh At The Cubs And The Cubs Laugh With You
- Bartender Banter: Pub Crawl Edition
- An Apology to Bryan LaHair
- Cubs Take A Series From A First Place Team? LOLWUT...
- Friday Bar Rag Cocktail
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)