this that send other teams' fans into hysterics. Look, it's great that they're raising money for cancer. It's nice that they're getting some exercise. The fact remains that these boobs are walking across the country because they believe that a man and his goat caused the 103 year old pennant drought on the North Side of Chicago.
Be it Bartman or the goat, I am so tired of Cub fans giving legitimacy to this crap. Blowing up the Bartman ball, goat carcasses left on the Harry Carey statue, rain dances in the outfield; nothing will change the fact that the Cubs' only curse has been a procession of bad baseball teams peppered with some bad luck whenever we do actually get a team that's worth a shit.
Other franchises have gone through long stretches of mediocrity. Look at Pittsburgh and Kansas City. Are their fans blaming the fucking supernatural? No. Is the answer walking across the country with a farm animal? Again no. The Cubs' time is gonna come, provided the owners continue to make building a winning franchise a priority. The worm will turn, folks. The Red Sox broke their championship "curse" not by making absurd pilgrimages or by desecrating Babe Ruth's grave, but by making smart baseball decisions. The Cubs can do the same.
In the meantime, please stop making it even more embarrassing to be a Cub fan.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Cubs of Yore: David Patton
- Dear Mr. LaHair, Apology Rescinded!
- Cubs of Yore: Milton Bradley
- I Tried To Erase An Imaginary Curse by Walking Wit...
- Regression Song: Chicago Cubs
- War Hero: Kerry Wood
- Cubs of Yore: Jose Macias
- Renaming Wrigley
- Bullpen Stumbles, Pierre Fumbles
- Laugh At The Cubs And The Cubs Laugh With You
- Bartender Banter: Pub Crawl Edition
- An Apology to Bryan LaHair
- Cubs Take A Series From A First Place Team? LOLWUT...
- Friday Bar Rag Cocktail
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)