Brace yourselves, one of the greatest mullets of our generation is about to call it quits. Randy Johnson was one of the most feared pitchers of all time. Seeing his mug staring at you from the mound would have been enough to shake most batters but he backed that up with enough talent to net five Cy Young (4 in a row) awards on his way to 303 career wins. One of those was perfect. During the 2001 WS with the Diamondbacks, he won 3 games including two CGs and a SO. He also struck out 4,875 batters, which is good enough for second place. That translates to a career average SO/9 of 10.67. Yikes.
Plus he can make birds magically disappear. Adios, Big Unit.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- TMS Fantasy Baseball Player Rankings 2010
- It's Kurtains
- Cubs Condemned By Church Group
- Cubs Sign Professor X
- Thunder Matt's Saloon Best of 2009: Music
- The 4th Outfielder Conundrum
- Hi Guys!
- War Criminal: Commercials
- Have You Seen Me?
- The TMS Guide to Quitting Smoking
- The Great McGwire Mea Culpa Dilemma
- The Mad Dog Returns to Chicago
- Pop Culture Gauntlet Results
- More Lost Diary
- Lost Diary
- Pop Culture Gauntlet: William "Refrigerator" Perry...
- Unemployed Blogger Watches Lost for the First Time...
- BREAKING NEWS: Andre Dawson FINALLY Going to Coope...
- Randy Johnson Retires
- Bartender Banter: 2010, the Future is Now!
- Pop Culture Gauntlet: The Karate Kid vs. Miles Dav...
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)