In a bold move, today the Cubs agreed to terms with legendary leader of the X-Men, Professor X, Charles Xavier. My assumption is that he will take over the GM duties from human blob Jim Hendry, who will be released back into the wild.
Scratch that, I've just learned that the Cubs in fact signed outfielder Xavier Nady, who's coming off of his second Tommy John surgery. Hendry must have seen the words "second Tommy John" on Nady's resume and Krispey Kremed himself. Mutant.
Unless Nady's physical reveals something hinky (like aftereffects of 2 TJ surgeries), he'll join the Cubs as their fourth outfielder. Nady played in seven games for the Yankees in 2009, putting up a .286 average.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- TMS Fantasy Baseball Player Rankings 2010
- It's Kurtains
- Cubs Condemned By Church Group
- Cubs Sign Professor X
- Thunder Matt's Saloon Best of 2009: Music
- The 4th Outfielder Conundrum
- Hi Guys!
- War Criminal: Commercials
- Have You Seen Me?
- The TMS Guide to Quitting Smoking
- The Great McGwire Mea Culpa Dilemma
- The Mad Dog Returns to Chicago
- Pop Culture Gauntlet Results
- More Lost Diary
- Lost Diary
- Pop Culture Gauntlet: William "Refrigerator" Perry...
- Unemployed Blogger Watches Lost for the First Time...
- BREAKING NEWS: Andre Dawson FINALLY Going to Coope...
- Randy Johnson Retires
- Bartender Banter: 2010, the Future is Now!
- Pop Culture Gauntlet: The Karate Kid vs. Miles Dav...
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)