After learning that the Chicago National League Base-Ball Club signed Chad Tracy to a minor league contract, the National Council of Churches condemned the organization for ethical transgressions.
According to an NCC spokesperson, the Chicago Cubs were guilty of "playing God," when they combined the DNA of poor fielding former Cub and Ginger Spokesmodel Matt Murton with the DNA of poor hitting former Cub and War Criminal Aaron Miles, to create an amalgamation that "stands as a mockery to the laws of both Nature and Our Lord. An OPS of .695 on a man whose primary position is first base is nothing short of Sinful."
The Cubs fired back with a press release, which began: "Dude, the guy was a pretty good hitter a few years ago. Give us a damn break," and concluded "it's not like God has done any favors for us up to now."
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- TMS Fantasy Baseball Player Rankings 2010
- It's Kurtains
- Cubs Condemned By Church Group
- Cubs Sign Professor X
- Thunder Matt's Saloon Best of 2009: Music
- The 4th Outfielder Conundrum
- Hi Guys!
- War Criminal: Commercials
- Have You Seen Me?
- The TMS Guide to Quitting Smoking
- The Great McGwire Mea Culpa Dilemma
- The Mad Dog Returns to Chicago
- Pop Culture Gauntlet Results
- More Lost Diary
- Lost Diary
- Pop Culture Gauntlet: William "Refrigerator" Perry...
- Unemployed Blogger Watches Lost for the First Time...
- BREAKING NEWS: Andre Dawson FINALLY Going to Coope...
- Randy Johnson Retires
- Bartender Banter: 2010, the Future is Now!
- Pop Culture Gauntlet: The Karate Kid vs. Miles Dav...
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)