Thank you Placido Polanco. Its because of you and your seperated shoulder that we can finally say good riddance to Neifi "El Sapo Gordo" Perez. I've been waiting for this day for quite some time and given the current sorry state of the Cubs, I was overjoyed when I found out they sent him to Detroit.
So what did Cubs get in return? A sack of baseballs? A firm handshake and a beer? A coffee mug that says "World's Greatest Grandpa"? Nope, they got minor league catcher, and lead singer of the Black Crowes, Chris Robinson. Robinson is an Illinois native and has spent this season in high-A ball, playing for the Lakeland Tigers of the Florida State League. The change of scenery will be good for Chris as he looks to move on from his recent breakup with wife Kate Hudson.
So long Neifi. Now I can officially focus all of my hatred towards Roberto Novoa and Phil Nevin.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2009 (498)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)
- Phil Nevin - RIP
- You Can't Sit the Thunder
- Chaiming In
- Bartender Banter: Who's the worst?
- The All-80's Team - NL Third Basemen
- Go to hell
- A View From the Top
- Cubs help Phils back into Wild Card Race
- Free Floating Hostility
- We're in the Army Now
- No More Neifi
- Chaiming In
- Skipping Work for Baseball
- Thunder Matt Saves the Day
- War Criminals: Closers
- The All-80's Team - NL First Basemen
- Hafner ties Donnie Baseball
- CCP: Threesomes Are All the Rage
- Bartender Banter: You called down the thunder, wel...
- CCP: Another Day Without Our Dear Leader
- CCP: Colin is a No-Show
- Oh yes, they call them The Streak
- Dusty Baker, keeping the delusion alive
- CCP: Arguing Just to Hear One's Voice
- The All-80's Team - NL Catchers
- CCP: Let's Go 'Hang Out at the Track'
- Thunder Matt's Roundtable: Floyd Landis
- CCP: Man-up You Sally Bitch!
- New Layout
- Old Layout
- CCP: Veering Into Oncoming Traffic
- Thunder Matt busts out the Quad-Pow
- War Criminal Special Edition: Mother Nature
- CCP: We Need to Quit Coddling These Guys
- Bartender Banter: Delicate Sound of Thunder
- CCP: A Reprieve From Colin
- Weekends With Mel
- Colin Cowherd Invades Wrigley
- ▼ August (38)