- Did anyone else catch the shot of Zambrano pretending to hammer Fontenot into the ground in the dugout before the game? This follows up the shot last week of Zambrano making Fontenot jump in the air to give Zambrano a high five after Fontenot hit a homer. It seems like Carlos is trying to turn Fontenot into that good luck midget that Pedro Martinez had in 2004 when the Red Sox won the Series. Or maybe he was just saying "You aren't Murton! Hulk smash!"
- Speaking of Zambrano whacking things around, how about his 3-4 day today? Carlos recorded hits from both sides of the plate. Corey Patterson recorded...no hits. Zambrano also pitched 7 fantastic innings in an attempt to make Corey feel so bad that he would quit baseball all together.
- Does Adam Dunn hit at least one homer against the Cubs in every 3 game set, or is it just me?
- I know it's early, but does Derrek Lee look like he did back in 2005? He seems to be seeing the ball well and has 6 homers now to go along with his .400 average.
- Early trend: Fukudome is great at home. The road? Needs some work.
- The following people had a combined 12 plate appearances today: Mike Fontenot, Felix Pie, Daryle Ward, Reed Johnson, Eric Patterson and Kevin Hart. Are you telling me that we can't find enough at bats for one Thunder Matt Murton in all that business?