Figures. I actually have a chance to sit down and watch both weekend games for once and they couldn't have been more dull. I even risked life and limb (and self-respect), going to the
inner circle of hell Wal-Mart to purchase Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for my wife, thus freeing up my time to veg on the couch and watch the Cubs. Given how great the weather was, it's almost a shame that I wasted my time indoors. If it's any consolation I was next to an open window. That counts, right?
- -I fell asleep during Saturday's game, and sadly that was probably the more exciting of the two.
- -Juan Cruz, you son of a bitch! I'm not going to spout off all the stats here, but in the 17 innings he's faced the Cubs over his career he's frickin' owned them.
- -Yusmeiro Petit helped to keep my "Young unknown pitchers baffle the Cubs" theory alive.
- -While I'm glad to see the Cubs go 3-2 during the suspension, I'm more than ready to have Derrek Lee back in the lineup tomorrow.
- -It's been a few days since we traded for a catcher. I'm getting kind of worried. Speaking of catchers, do you realize we've had 7 different backstops play at some point this season? That's gotta be a record.
- -Recent beers I've enjoyed while watching the Cubs, Abita Turbodog, and Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat. The 312 is a fantastic summertime beer.
- -Did any GM's notice Jock Jones' big hitting display the other day? Well worth the five and a half million dollars if you ask me.