As in the past, Milton Bradley's biggest enemy isn't his bat, but his mouth. "All I'm saying is I pray the game is nine innings, so I can go out there the least amount of time possible and go home". Well, that's just fucking great, Milton. I'm so glad the Cubs are paying you millions of dollars so you can put forth the least amount of effort, punch the timeclock and go home. I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't some real racist douchenozzles in the crowd who are slinging racial epitaphs at Bradley. Jacque Jones heard plenty of it, as did LaTroy Hawkins and probably every man of color who ever played for the Cubs. (Or any other team. I refuse to believe that Chicago has the monopoly on racist assbags. Not in a country where some of the population refuse to believe the president was born in America.) Hell, there were the dipshits who created the "Horry Kow" T-shirts when Fukudome signed with the Cubs. And those fuckers were supposedly rooting for Kosuke.
Bradley also said: "When I go home and look in the mirror, I like what I see. My family is there I have people I can talk to who are very supportive, in spite of everything and all the adversity and the hatred you face on a daily basis. But I'll be all right. I always have."
Jesus Christ dude, you're a grown man getting paid millions to play a child's game. You're not fighting in a war or leading the battle against cancer. I'm sorry people are picking on you, but let's not exaggerate our own importance, okay?
This is nothing new. Milton has always been a thin-skinned aggravating player. He's bounced from clubhouse to clubhouse in his career and no other GM was willing to take a shot at giving this guy a multi-year deal. Except the Cubs. Of course. So now we're stuck with this guy who hates the city, the ballpark, and the fans he's playing for for the next two years. Okay. Milton, you go ahead and put in your time in a workmanlike fashion. I promise not to buy anything with your name and number on it and when you leave in two years, let's both agree to pretend that this three year stretch of Cub history never happened. And if by some miracle the Cubs win a World Series while you're here, I'm thinking maybe you should let the league keep the ring. Yeah, right.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Killer Peanuts: Proving One More Time A Black Man ...
- You Make the Call
- TMS No Longer Supports Oasis
- 5 Things That Didn't Always Suck But Do Now
- SPAM Alert
- The Intern Soapbox
- Battle of Who Could Care Less: Cubs vs. Mets
- TMS Booze Project: Gentleman Jack
- Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, Guess I'll Go...
- My Sad Little Life: A Recap
- Thunderwatch 2009: Murton Released into the Wild
- Glenallen Hill: 2009 Battle Royale Champion!
- Spare Some Change? GFY!
- Thunderwatch 2009: Murton Back in Bigs
- Movies I’m Not Looking Forward To
- Release The Meatheads!
- TMS Music: The Guilty Razors-Guilty!
- Cubs of Yore Battle Royale: The Final Battle
- Cubs of Yore: Double Dipping to the Finals
- Reduced Sugar Cereals & Why The Future Is Bleak
- Koyie Hill Appreciation Society: 41 Hits & Countin...
- TMS Roundtable: Ghostbusters.
- TMS 2009 Fantasy Football Player Rankings: IDP Edi...
- Hey Cub Fans, Try Not Giving A F&%K
- The Most Hated Man in Professional Sports
- War Criminal: Draft Bonuses
- TMS Endorses Angel Guzman
- TMS 2009 Fantasy Football Player Rankings
- Ginger Russ Drunkblog: It's Teds Day
- Summer Games: Yogging
- GFY August 17th!
- TMS Movie Review: The Warrior
- Back To School...
- TMS Premier League Preview 2009
- TMS Booze Project: Prestige Edition Whiskey
- Underrated: Working at Home
- The Pynchon Project: Mason & Dixon
- The Bachelor Diet
- Fulfilling the Esoterica Quotient: A look at Tubul...
- Hump Day Hottie: Brooklyn Decker
- Americas Gay Cowboy Sweethearts Divorce
- Cubs of Yore: The "Marginal" Edition
- Did You Know?
- "Wrigleyville" Bar Project: Richard's
- Wednesday Will Start The Real Shark Weak
- Bachelor Night with the Cubs
- R.I.P. Arena Football League 1987-2009
- TMS Beer Project: Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale
- The Expendables vs. Machete: Greatest Movie Ever M...
- Kubs LIVE! From The Kremlin (Delayed Broadcast)
- TMS Beer Project: Dos Equis Amber
- War Criminal: 2009 Cubs Named Aaron
- Cubs of Yore: Doug Dascenzo
- TMS Fantasy Football 2009 Rankings: Quarterback
- I Can't Drive 25
- Koyie Hill Appreciation Society: 32 Hits & Countin...
- Summer Games: Makeout Point
- Wrigleyville Bar Project: Trinity
- TMS Booze Project: 1792
- War Criminal: Specialty Reserved Parking Spots
- I'm Sorry Milton: I Meant to Say "Massive Disappoi...
- Dude, You're NOT Horrible
- Dude, You're Horrible
- Shark Week Returns!
- ▼ August (64)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)