Yesterday, I took a "mental health day" and called in sick. I actually had a lot of work to do, so I decided I would just stay home and do some of it. What I discovered was amazing. Despite the fact that I slept until nearly eleven and ate a leisurely lunch, I managed to accomplish more in four hours working at home than I have in the past three weeks working at the office. If only I could somehow make this happen every day!
Imagine: no distractions, no annoying co-workers, no dress code. The only other soul in my home office yesterday was one of the cats and she curled up in the corner and passed out. For the first time in weeks, I actually felt like a I gave a shit about my job. It was awesome. I can't even recall the last time I ever felt so productive.
I am now totally envious of anyone who's able to telecommute. Shit, I could do that too, if my job would let me. All I would need would be remote access to our database and I could perform every single aspect of my job from the comfort of home. Not only would I be more efficient and productive, but I'd be helping the environment, too. No more twenty-five minute drive into work to waste gas and produce emissions, plus I'd save big at the pump. I'd save even more money by not having to buy any more business casual clothes. I could easily do the same job while wearing my Aramis Ramirez jersey and a pair of jorts. Best of all, there'd be no distractions. No goober whistling or singing off key in the next cubicle. No one discussing their health issues or talking about their crotchfruit's latest big game. No backslapping jagoff who gives me a nickname I didn't want or need. Just me and the computer in Zen-like harmony, surrounded by the familiar confines of home. Sounds like paradise.
WelcomeWelcome to Thunder Matt's Saloon, where the beer is warm and the coverage is sketchy.
- ► 2016 (101)
- Killer Peanuts: Proving One More Time A Black Man ...
- You Make the Call
- TMS No Longer Supports Oasis
- 5 Things That Didn't Always Suck But Do Now
- SPAM Alert
- The Intern Soapbox
- Battle of Who Could Care Less: Cubs vs. Mets
- TMS Booze Project: Gentleman Jack
- Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, Guess I'll Go...
- My Sad Little Life: A Recap
- Thunderwatch 2009: Murton Released into the Wild
- Glenallen Hill: 2009 Battle Royale Champion!
- Spare Some Change? GFY!
- Thunderwatch 2009: Murton Back in Bigs
- Movies I’m Not Looking Forward To
- Release The Meatheads!
- TMS Music: The Guilty Razors-Guilty!
- Cubs of Yore Battle Royale: The Final Battle
- Cubs of Yore: Double Dipping to the Finals
- Reduced Sugar Cereals & Why The Future Is Bleak
- Koyie Hill Appreciation Society: 41 Hits & Countin...
- TMS Roundtable: Ghostbusters.
- TMS 2009 Fantasy Football Player Rankings: IDP Edi...
- Hey Cub Fans, Try Not Giving A F&%K
- The Most Hated Man in Professional Sports
- War Criminal: Draft Bonuses
- TMS Endorses Angel Guzman
- TMS 2009 Fantasy Football Player Rankings
- Ginger Russ Drunkblog: It's Teds Day
- Summer Games: Yogging
- GFY August 17th!
- TMS Movie Review: The Warrior
- Back To School...
- TMS Premier League Preview 2009
- TMS Booze Project: Prestige Edition Whiskey
- Underrated: Working at Home
- The Pynchon Project: Mason & Dixon
- The Bachelor Diet
- Fulfilling the Esoterica Quotient: A look at Tubul...
- Hump Day Hottie: Brooklyn Decker
- Americas Gay Cowboy Sweethearts Divorce
- Cubs of Yore: The "Marginal" Edition
- Did You Know?
- "Wrigleyville" Bar Project: Richard's
- Wednesday Will Start The Real Shark Weak
- Bachelor Night with the Cubs
- R.I.P. Arena Football League 1987-2009
- TMS Beer Project: Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale
- The Expendables vs. Machete: Greatest Movie Ever M...
- Kubs LIVE! From The Kremlin (Delayed Broadcast)
- TMS Beer Project: Dos Equis Amber
- War Criminal: 2009 Cubs Named Aaron
- Cubs of Yore: Doug Dascenzo
- TMS Fantasy Football 2009 Rankings: Quarterback
- I Can't Drive 25
- Koyie Hill Appreciation Society: 32 Hits & Countin...
- Summer Games: Makeout Point
- Wrigleyville Bar Project: Trinity
- TMS Booze Project: 1792
- War Criminal: Specialty Reserved Parking Spots
- I'm Sorry Milton: I Meant to Say "Massive Disappoi...
- Dude, You're NOT Horrible
- Dude, You're Horrible
- Shark Week Returns!
- ▼ August (64)
- ► 2008 (517)
- ► 2007 (535)